Michelle has significant top tier legal expertise having worked in top tier
firms in Australia (King & Wood Mallesons) and London (Linklaters).
Michelle is also an award-winning lawyer, recognised in Best Lawyers,
Chambers Asia Pacific and Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year in 2015, 2016,
2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Michelle specialises in Financial Services regulation (including
FATCA/CRS/privacy/AML), the Australian financial services license and
Australian credit license regimes, prudential obligations, and advising on
governance and compliance frameworks and developing compliance obligations
- Michelle also advises on financial services regulatory reform, new
financial products (including Fintech), and licensing and regulatory issues
for banking products, superannuation, insurance products and investment
funds, new payment systems, and advising on regulated and unregulated
- Michelle has acted for Australian and global insurance companies, banks,
fund managers, superannuation funds, corporate trustees and custodians in
relation to governance, compliance and risk management frameworks, the
establishment of new investment vehicles and financial products, financial
services regulation, licensing, constituent documents, fiduciary
obligations and investments, such as Macquarie Bank, CBA, Westpac, Bank of
Queensland, QBE, Allianz, IAG, RACQ, Perpetual Limited, BT Financial Group,
Northern Trust, State Street, ADIA, MTAA Super, CBUS, Munich RE, IAG,
OnePath and AMP Capital Investors.
- Michelle recently advised on the governance framework for a major
- Michelle also recently advised a global bank on management of conflicts
of interest in response to an APRA review.